Welcome to AstroConda Channel’s documentation!¶
AstroConda is a free Conda channel maintained by the Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) in Baltimore, Maryland. This channel provides tools and utilities required to process and analyze data from the Hubble Space Telescope (HST), James Webb Space Telescope (JWST), and others.
- 64-bit Intel/AMD processor (x86_64)
- 64-bit Linux (glibc ≥ 2.12) or Mac OS X (≥ 10.7)
- BASH or ZSH as your default shell environment (T/CSH is NOT supported)
Powered by Conda¶
Conda is an open-source software package management system provided and maintained by Continuum Analytics. Many software packages, provided both by Continuum and through third parties, are able to be quickly and easily installed using the Conda utility. AstroConda serves as a third-party add-on channel to provide easy access to STScI’s software packages.
- New to conda: Installing Conda - The choice is yours
- Familiar with conda: Configure Conda to use the Astroconda Channel
To receive AstroConda announcements, or engage in general discussion, feel free to subscribe to our mailing list.
- Getting Started
- Selecting a Software Stack
- Updating a Software Stack
- Further Reading
- Pipeline Releases
- Compatibility Notices
- What is the difference between Conda, Miniconda, Anaconda, and AstroConda?
- Why do you recommend installing Miniconda instead of Anaconda?
- If I already have Miniconda or Anaconda installed, do I need to reinstall it to use AstroConda?
- Does AstroConda provide an installation script similar to Miniconda or Anaconda?
- Could not find URL: http://ssb.stsci.edu/astroconda/…
- After “conda create -n …” why does “source activate astroconda” fail?
- What do you mean by Conda “root” environment?
- I installed AstroConda packages into my [Mini/Ana]conda ‘root’ environment. What now?
- Why am I being prompted by NumPy/SciPy with a MKL 30-day trial warning?
- How does AstroConda differ from Ureka?
- How often are updates released?
- What happened to SSBX?
- What happened to SSBDEV?
- Why isn’t IRAF installed by default?
- Why is IRAF/PyRAF less functional under Python 3?
- Why is IRAF 32-bit instead of 64-bit?
- Will AstroConda interfere with other scientific distributions (e.g. SciSoft)?
- Ds9 - Cannot select regions
- Contributing Guide
- Release Notes
- General Disclaimer